Monday, March 2, 2009

In Memoriam

I stopped doing Obituaries pretty quickly on LNTAM, because we were losing so many good people in 2009 at such a pace that it was becoming depressing, so I stopped with Sydney Pollack. Here's the "In Memoriam" segment from the Oscars awhile back---evidently, you didn't see too much of it, because the director of the show chose to concentrate on Queen Latifah, who does a lovely rendition here of "I'll Be Seeing You."

Below is a list of folks not included.*


Mel Ferrer
Eartha Kitt
George Carlin
Irving Brecher
Beverly Garland
Alexander Courage
Patrick McGoohan
John Phillip Law
Don LaFontaine
Guy McElwaine
Harvey Korman
George Furth
Earle Hagen
Neal Hefti

* I've included the IMDB links for the actors and writers. There are three composers listed who I guarantee you have their compositions stuck in your head. "Neal Hefti" wrote the themes to the "Batman" TV show and "The Odd Couple." Earle Hagen wrote the themes to "I-Spy," "The Dick Van Dyke Show," and "The Andy Griffith Show," and Alexander Courage wrote the theme for the first "Star Trek" TV-show. You will never forget them.

No comments: