Friday, November 25, 2011

Whither LNTAM?

Thinking a lot lately whether this blog should continue...

("Oh God," the multitudes groan, "not another one of those 'I don't know whether I should do this blog anymore' type of posts that make up 25% of the blog-o-sphere.  Stop you're navel-gazing and go see a movie, ya whiner")

Uh...sorry?...did you say something?

Anyway, I'm sure you've noticed that the output has been, shall we say, "spotty" over the last four weeks.  "Spotty" is being kind.  There's been more holes than Swiss cheese over the past month.

Blame work.  I've had some.  Started a regular gig that takes up 9 hours a day (and probably more in the months to come) 5 days a week, plus the freelance that I do as a sound designer...and blah blah blah.  There's less sand in the hourglass these days and something had to give...I chose the less posts route because I'm pretty persnickety about what I write (No, really, I am!) and I'll do a couple drafts before I'm satisfied, with a 12 hour "sleep on it" break in between.  I could either dash off short posts that don't do the movie (or me) justice and not care so much, or I could go the route I've been going...Publish when it's ready.

The answer is, of course, not black and white, but a shade of gray...much like the text-font on the site.  It will be a little bit of both, until I can get a handle on the schedule changes I've been see-sawing through.  I hope to do it quickly because there are lots of good things coming out in the next couple months...and Breaking Dawn, as well (sorry—couldn't resist)...and I don't want to neglect anything.

So, it's "wait and see," standing in the ticket-holders line, while things settle and I can get back on track.  I don't anticipate dropping this blog altogether—I like it, even if, at my advanced age, it still feels like "doing a term-paper" on occasion.  Truth is, I wouldn't stop even if I had to.   I love the movies and I love to write about them...even the bad ones.  I can't NOT write at this point, I can merely delay it 'til I get it right...or as right as I'm gonna get.  But, I also realize if I have to keep it going, I may have to compromise some days.  As with movies, we shall see.

In the meantime, thanks to Andrew, Mike, Christine, Univarn and Simon (because she always likes to be included)  for reading and commenting and generally making your presence known.  And thanks to the rest of you (and you know who you are, Joey and Jana and Greg and Dan) for being there.

I'll try to be here more often.

3 comments:

Joey said...

Ah arg!!!! spitshit *^#!" what??? So yeah it's swiss cheese, but I really love swiss cheese! Love all that you do. And I don't care if I wait long so long in between. This blog is a reference point for me, I'm really behind in my movie watching. :)

Andrew K. said...

Just don't stop, but breaks are needed at times and tis the season for burnouts. I can attest to that.

Come back soon.

"Yojimbo_5" said...

And...having said all that...it appears I never really left.

More tomorrow.